Monday, May 18, 2009

I lied.

I didn't run today. I didn't write today. I didn't even read today.

My leg still hurts from attempting to skateboard the other night and I figured I shouldn't mess with it just in case. I didn't feel like writing. I didn't feel like reading either.

I guess it was an odd day, I sat around and did nothing. I contemplated where I was going to try and find a job.

Here's my dilemma: If I get a job my time will be more limited and I'll have a lot of problems with trying to get time off for shows/tour/whatever. It'll be a pain in the ass. If I don't get a job... I won't have any money. Now, this is okay. I've thought about trying to live a simpler life where I don't buy anything. The problem is gas. It costs money to even go places as it turns out. I'll need to go from UConn back to New London quite often next year when I'm at school and I'm not sure how long the money I have will last me for that.

I just really like the idea of living a simple life and rejecting consumerism (as much of it as I can). Sure there are some things I could use (mostly guitar related things) but... I don't really need them. I don't really need anything besides a bit of food every once and a while.

We'll see what happens to me, at least, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment